Choose the American Hospital of Paris
The American Hospital of Paris is a modestly-sized multidisciplinary hospital with a human touch. We offer premium care based on medical and technological excellence combined with a warm reception, comfort and compassion, all of which are essential for a successful patient journey.
The American Hospital of Paris voluntarily submits to the control of the Joint Commission, it is the only civilian hospital in the world - outside the United States - to benefit from its accreditation. In addition, the American Hospital of Paris is committed to the French certification process organized by the Haute Autorité de Santé (HAS). In December 2019, the American Hospital of Paris was certified level A (Decision level V2014: Certification A).
To help you prepare for your stay and answer your questions, our multidisciplinary and multilingual team is available from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (French time).
Arab countries: + 33 (0) 1 46 41 83 76
Africa: + 33 (0) 1 46 41 82 68
Japan: + 33 (0) 1 46 41 25 15
Main contact of the international team: + 33 (0) 1 46 41 83 76
Want to get a customized health check-up or obtain a medical and financial opinion before your stay?
> Click here
(After receiving the necessary medical information, transmission of a financial estimate within 48 to 72 hours).
If you would like to request a consultation or exam, please contact us directly.
- Specialist consultations - + 33 (0)1 46 41 25 25
- Imaging exams - + 33 (0)1 46 41 25 55
Customized services are available to guarantee peace of mind throughout your stay. We can:
- Schedule your treatments, preventive assessments or symptom-based health check-ups
- Make travel arrangements such as transportation, accommodation and transfer from the airport or train station
- Manage all of the administrative and financial aspects of your stay
- Organize your return home
- Look after your loved ones
- Provide an interpreter upon your arrival
The American Hospital of Paris works closely with and accepts letters of guarantee (LOG) from many of the world’s largest insurance and assistance providers. The American Hospital of Paris works closely with the biggest IPMI actors on the market including Allianz, Aetna, AFSPA, AIG, AP Companies, AXA, BUPA, CEGA, CIGNA, Geolblue, Henner, International SOS, MSH, NSIA, AFSPA, etc.
The American Hospital of Paris also works closely with Japanese partners (Emergency Assistance Japan, Tokio Marine, Prestige International, MAI, etc.)
Contact our IPMI office to check your benefit plan and profit from direct billing for your consultations and in-patient procedures at the American Hospital of Paris.
For all other insurers, please contact us to make sure your plan is accepted by our Hospital.
firstname.lastname@example.org - tel: +33 (0) 1 46 41 26 33
Our healthcare offer
The medical, surgical and obstetric activities of the American Hospital of Paris are organized into departments and units. The Hospital also has five state-of-the-art diagnostic and testing units.
Click to see all our departments
Preparing for your arrival in France
If you are applying for a visa, we send you proof of payment for the care you are to receive. Once you have received this document, contact the French consulate in your country of residence to find out how to obtain a visa.
For your stay, you will need to complete the following documents and provide them on your arrival: advance directives, health care proxy
> Download the documents to be completed before your admission
French Hospital Quality
The American Hospital of Paris is one of the very first hospitals to obtain the French Quality Hospital label!
French Hospital Quality Label is the first French label evaluating the care of international patients in French hospitals. Created by the French Healthcare Association, this label aims to position France as one of the key players in the “medical tourism” market (Travel for Treatment). Implemented in partnership with the company Afnor Certification and composed of 10 criteria broken down into 57 items, the French Hospital Quality Label assesses the entire patient journey from the study of their request for medical care to the management of the administrative and financial part, the quality of the hospital stay, the ability of staff to speak a foreign language (in particular English) up to the management of discharge (organization of stay in SSR if necessary, translation of documents, invoicing, etc.).
Additional partners for your consideration
Our teams are at your disposal to provide you with preferential rates from our partners.
- Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile**** : 3 Place du Général Koenig - 75017 Paris, preferential rates for patients of the American Hospital of Paris. Possibility of rooms or suites with a view of the Eiffel Tower and Montmartre. Shuttle available between the hospital and the hotel (one round trip per day)
- Pullman Tour Eiffel**** - 18 avenue de Suffren, entrance : 22 rue Jean Rey - 75015 Paris - preferential rates for patients of the American Hospital of Paris. Shuttle available between the hospital and the hotel (one round trip per day)
- Evergreen Laurel Hotel**** : 8 place Georges Pompidou - 92300 Levallois-Perret
- Hôtel Crowne Plaza**** : 58 boulevard Victor Hugo -92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine, located 400 meters from the American Hospital of Paris. Preferential rates are applied for our patients. (Currently closed)
- Hôtel Lutetia - palace, 45 boulevard Raspail - 75006 Paris. Rooms and suites, preferential rates for patients of the American Hospital of Paris. Shuttle available between the hospital and the hotel (one round trip per day)
Apart’ Hôtel – Citadines : preferential rates for patients of the American Hospital of Paris and their companions
The American Hospital of Paris is a member of the French Healthcare association which contributes to promoting the French vision of global health, based on a humanist approach to care and equitable and fair access to health products and services.
In accordance with the new law concerning the management of the Covid-19 crisis in France, in effect starting on August 9, 2021, access to the American Hospital of Paris is now restricted to individuals with a valid health pass, with the exception of those with a medical emergency.
> Learn more