Conditions frequently treated
The Pediatric Surgery Unit includes a Visceral and Urological Surgery section and an Orthopedic section.
Pediatric orthopedics focuses on screening, early diagnosis, long-term monitoring, surgery and treatment specifically adapted to teenagers and children, whose developmental stages require a personalized assessment and specialized treatment.
Consultations take place in the Pediatrics Unit, where other pediatric specialties are available if necessary.
Visceral and Urological surgery
Our approach to pediatric surgery
Specific emotional and disease-related factors must be taken into account when performing surgery on children as opposed to adults.
For this reason, pediatric surgical procedures are increasingly done on an outpatient basis.
It is also for this reason that the American Hospital of Paris allows parents to accompany their child all the way to the door of the operating room, where they are greeted by the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. After the surgery, parents can join their child in the recovery room, where the surgeon gives them a report on the operation.
The necessary investigational exams can be immediately performed on site thanks to the exceptional diagnostic and testing facilities of the American Hospital of Paris, which include a clinical laboratory, radiology department (ultrasound, CT scan and MRI) and nuclear medicine department.
What sets us apart
- Surgeons ultra-specialized in pediatricsConsultations for newborns and children up to 18 years of age. Available in the event of an emergency.
- Highly specialized consultationsDiagnostics, surgical indication if necessary. Exclusive pediatric anesthesiologist in the Unit.
- Minor traumaSuperficial wounds treated under local anesthesia. Treatment of sprains and non-displaced fractures.
En route vers le bloc opératoire
Main treatments & exams available
Find out more
Sociétés savantes françaises :
- SFCP : Société Française de Chirurgie pédiatrique (rubrique familles) www.chirpediatric.fr
- SFUPA : Société Francophone d’Urologie Pédiatrique et de l’Adolescent www.chirpediatric.fr
Sociétés savantes internationales :