The Cardiovascular Assessment focuses on your heart’s condition and consists in a series of specialized, innovative exams including
coronary calcium scoring, which helps to predict the risk of Myocardial infarction over a three-year period. During the consultation included in this assessment package, the cardiologist provides medical recommendations (such as the potential need for additional tests) as well as advice in terms of exercise and diet, to help patients adopt the right behaviors. Cardiovascular disease is responsible for one-third of all deaths in France.
Detail of the health check-up
Complete blood test
performed as part of the General Health Assessment
Microalbuminuria test to verify kidney function
- Blood pressure monitoring (if indicated) to screen for hypertension
- ABI: Ankle-Brachial Index test (measures blood pressure in the ankle and the arm) to screen for atheroma in the arteries
- Doppler examination of the supra-aortic trunks with measurement of the intima-media thickness to assess risk of stroke and detect atheromatous plaque
- Doppler echocardiogram and ultrasound of the abdominal aorta to screen for heart failure and heart valve dysfunction, and test for aneurysm of the aorta
- Coronary calcium scoring via CT scan, for men 45 and older, and women 50 and older. Performed every three years to test for calcium deposits on the coronary arteries and to screen for heart disease
- Indirect estimation of VO2 max (if indicated) to measure cardiac performance during exercise
Medical consultation with a cardiologist
Assessment of cardiovascular risk (heart attack and stroke) and prevention advice
Assessment of cardiovascular risk factors
and prevention recommendations. A detailed report is sent including a copy of all tests performed.