Orthopedics and Traumatology
Orthopedics and Traumatology Consultations
Conditions Frequently Treated
- Arthrose du genou
- Osteoarthritis of the hip, knee and shoulder
- Emergency intervention for limb fractures and dislocations
- Complications and after-effects of limb fractures
- Ankle, knee and wrist sprains
- Chronic shoulder instability
- Knee ligament injury
- Bunions and hammertoes
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Dupuytren disease
- Joint infections
- Hand surgery
A Team of Senior Doctors
Consultations are available every day of the week for all musculoskeletal system disorders affecting the bones, joints, tendons or nerves of the upper and lower limbs.
In addition, the physicians in our unit handle emergencies 24/7.
Each of our senior orthopedic surgeons is particularly specialized in a disorder or limb segment: hip, knee, foot and ankle; hand, elbow and shoulder.
Our imaging center is conveniently located on-site and equipped with the very latest technology. Some imaging exams can be performed same-day.
Hospitalization for surgery is either on an outpatient basis, with same day discharge, or inpatient in our dedicated unit, offering daily medical follow-up and physical therapy.
Daily post-operative follow-up is carried out by our surgeons and specialist nurses in the consultation department.
What Sets Us Apart
- AvailabilityPersonalized surgical treatment provided 24/7 by the senior orthopedic surgeons who specialize in each condition.
- A broad spectrum of expertiseOur orthopedists work closely with the other specialists at the American Hospital of Paris in order to treat the most complex conditions.
- Equipment and high quality operating roomsThe technical environment of our operating rooms and our highly trained paramedical staff allow us to offer the latest technological advances safely and in compliance with the requirements of the French scientific society, the French health authority and the Joint Commission.
Treatments & Exams
- Minimally-invasive joint surgery
- Replacement of artificial joints: hip, shoulder, knee
- Reconstruction by grafting after serious limb injuries from civilian activity or war injuries, in collaboration with Plastic Surgeons
- Treatment of bone and joint infections
- Digitally-guided prosthetic surgery: custom femoral prosthesis, patient-specific shoulder prosthesis with guided personalized surgery (GPS) technology