Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Proctology
Conditions Frequently Treated
- Esophagus diseases: gastroesophageal reflux, esophagus cancer
- Stomach diseases: gastritis, gastric ulcer
- Small intestine diseases: Celiac disease, Chrohn’s disease
- Colon diseases: colon cancer, colon polyps
- Proctology: anal fissures, hemorrhoids, fistulas
- Liver and biliary tract diseases: hepatitis, cirrhosis
- Pancreatic diseases: pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer
- Other disorders: iron-deficiency anemia, gastrointestinal bleeding, obesity
Outstanding Patient Care
Our doctors begin taking care of you as soon as you arrive in the unit. They deliver premium care using leading-edge endoscopic technology to perform highly specialized therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
As part of your care pathway, our doctors may consult and collaborate as they see fit with a multidisciplinary team of specialists in order to determine the treatment most suited to your needs. At the American Hospital of Paris, taking into consideration your origins, lifestyle and diet is also part of our DNA. You will benefit from personalized, appropriate care delivered by our doctors.
Dedicated staff will help you organize your hospital stay and assist you with all administrative requirements: appointment scheduling, contact with other specialists, blood tests, imaging exams, exam results, billing and estimates. Specialized interpreters are available if needed.
What Sets Us Apart
- State-of-the-art endoscopic technologyThree endoscopy rooms featuring the most recent equipment, full range of gastrointestinal and biliopancreatic endoscopic procedures available
- Rapid treatment 24/7A doctor is on call 24/7 to provide medical opinions and consultations as well as perform emergency endoscopic procedures, including biliopancreatic endoscopy.
- Wide range of care optionscovering all gastroenterology sub-specialties: diagnostic and interventional endoscopy, hepatology, inflammatory diseases, pancreatic medicine, proctology, nutrition, functional GI disorders, oncology
Main Treatments and Exams Available
- Diagnostic and therapeutic digestive endoscopy: echoendoscopy, intestinal endoprostheses, biliary endoprostheses, ligation of esophageal varices, small intestine enteroscopy, endoscopic treatment of hemorrhage
- Endoscopic treatment of superficial tumors in the digestive tract by mucosal resection or submucosal dissection
- Endoscopic treatment of obesity by gastric balloon insertion and endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Traitement endoscopique de l’obésité par la pose de ballon
- Endoscopic treatment of proctological disorders: hemorrhoids, fistulas, fissures, warts
- Exploration of the small intestine and colon using capsule endoscopy
- Exploration of the colon by optical colonoscopy
- State-of-the-art tests for gastrointestinal motility disorders, including high-resolution esophageal manometry, anorectal manometry and 24-hour pH monitoring
- Latest-generation non-invasive hepatic fibrosis test which measures liver elasticity (FibroScan)
- Nutrition clinic focusing on obesity and malnutrition in relation to gastrointestinal diseases