American Hospital of Paris
Created one hundred years ago thanks to the energy and generosity of the men and women of the American community in Paris, the American Hospital of Paris has continued its tireless development thanks to the support of its donors.
The Association of the American Hospital of Paris was created in 1906 by several members of the American community in Paris. Their wish was to create a Paris-based hospital which would provide American expatriates residing in France with American-trained medical care in their own language, regardless of their financial means.
January 30, 1913, the United States Congress officially recognizes the American Hospital of Paris, granting it federal status.
In March 1918, in recognition of services rendered to France during the First World War, the French government decrees the American Hospital of Paris to be “an institution of public benefit”, authorizing it to receive donations and bequests.
A not-for-profit institution, the American Hospital of Paris has no shareholders and receives no funding from the French or American governments.
It’s thanks to the generosity of our members and donors, and to positive revenues that, at every step in our development, we have been able to invest in